Thursday 3 November 2011

Exclusive interview with Micha Moor

Michael 'Micha' Moor is an Electro House DJ/Producer from Germany and is probably best known for his distinctive technical skills and amazing mixing abilities.

Micha works closely along side his studio partner Klaas under their record label Scream & Shout Recordings, remixing top tracks such as Young and Beautiful, Fairytale Gone Bad and Papercut.
A talent behind the decks, Micha is also a fantastic producer and has made a massive impression amongst his peers, with fans like Moby, Armand van Helden, Tiësto & David Guetta, Micha is certainly respected in the Deejay world.

So I guess you can say we have been left wanting Moor! 

Well I have been lucky enough to get to ask some questions to Micha...who inspires him?...how does he spend his spare time?...what can we expect in 2012?? What else can I say but watch this Space ;)

  • What is your earliest memory of music? 
MM: That must be around the first years of my life. My father was a drummer and as soon I was able to find my way into the music-room on my own, I was sitting behind his drum-set and went nuts…
  • Where do you get your inspiration to make music from?
MM: Not only my father was a musician, also my mum and later on my sister… Everybody in my family is surrounded with music all the way. So I got in contact and infected with many different styles of music right from the beginning. Listening to good songs, no matter which genre, makes me wanna hit the studio again every time…
  • Who is your favourite music producer right now?
MM: That´s hard to say cause there are so many good producers out there at the moment. But I think my buddy Deniz Koyu is doing an amazing job right now… Banging stuff all the way!
  • What has been your favourite track of 2011?
MM: There are so many good tracks coming in my inbox every week, for me it´s not possible to pick only one track of the year. I fall in love with new tracks very fast so I have a new favorite track every day, hehe. But the song I did with Terri B! was definitely one of my favorites in my sets during the last year… Working with him was a lot of fun and the result is pretty good I think.
  • When you are not travelling & working, what is your best thing to do to relax?
MM: I love doing sports… Although it´s very exhausting it gives me the energy for all the long and late night studio sessions. And, for sure, the most important thing is to be with my friends and family…it´s quality time!
  • Who is your hero ( musically ) & ( non musically ) ?
MM: Thats a tough one, musically I think I have to choose Paul Simon. He was, for a long time, my musical hero and I can sing along nearly every song of him (and Simon Garfunkel for sure). He´s a big inspiration and I was so lucky to meet him personally for some minutes. Non musically I can only pick my mum and thank her for everything she has done for me and letting me do what I love, even though to be musician is not that safe than being a teacher like she is… haha
  • What can we expect in 2012 from Micha Moor?
MM: Lot´s of new singles for sure and a lot of traveling the world. I´m just releasing my forthcoming single "Love is Chemical" and there are a lot more tracks to come in the near future. So keep an eye on my homepage or Facebook and you won´t miss them…
  • And finally, if someone who wanted to start a career in music came to you for advice, how would you best advise them?
MM: Do your own thing and just do it for the love of music!! It´s a hard and long way… But if you really love it, the passion will keep you going!!


Editors note: Thank you so much Micha for that little insight into your amazing life! I totally agree about Deniz Koyu, Tung has been one of my personal favourite productions this year. I wish you every success in all that you do & will be following every step of the way.

And here's a little sneak peek at Michas new floor banger 'Love is chemical'...
Micha Moor - Love is Chemical (Orig. & John de Sohn Remix) [Exclusive Preview] by MichaMoor

 

http://www.michamoor.de
http://www.youtube.com/user/michamoormusic
https://twitter.com/michamoor
http://www.myspace.com/michamoor
https://www.facebook.com/Micha.Moor.Official



☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆  


No comments:

Post a Comment