Tuesday 17 May 2011

Exclusive interview with Mitch Crown

Mitch Kroon was born 28th June 1974, on the Dutch island of Curacao in The Caribbean. Staying true to his Dutch roots, Mitch relocated to Holland where he now resides in Tilburg.
Mitch has grown up in a very musical environment, with his father, mother & uncles playing in a band named 'The Crowns', so it is no surprise how talented Mitch has become! Singer, song writer, producer, pianist, DJ....an all round Master of Ceremonies!
Working closely along side fellow countryman Fedde Le Grand, creating massive hits Let me be real, Scared of me, Rockin' High, & most recently Running, which stormed the Beatport
chart Top 10, & is on general release May 30th.

  • I would like to start by saying thank you to you Mitch for taking time to do this interview. You come from a family of talented musicians. Did your inspiration for music come from them, & apart from family, who else has been a big inspiration through your life?
MC: My inspiration originated just like you said from my family singin and jammin day and night on the piano. After that when I got older I really took a liking in Stevie Wonder & Donny Hathaway. But I have such a broad interest in music these days that it's hard to pinpoint.
  • You have such a beautiful voice. Were you blessed naturally with this talent or have you mastered the skill through singing lessons over the years?  
MC: Wow thnx! I honestly never had singing lessons but my piano lessons did help get my tuning and tones right.
  • Out of all your skills, playing piano, singing, DJing, which do you feel gives you the closet connection with your fans?
MC: I think my singing: it's easier to connect with an performing singer as far as feedback wise than a dj I guess...
  • You have produced some amazing tracks with fellow Dutchman Fedde Le Grand. What do you think is the secret to this great partnership, & can we expect more collaborations from you both in the future? 
MC: Good question: I wouldn't know if there's a secret to it but...the collab is definitely energetic and we connect musically. And yes there are plenty more tracks coming your way from Fedde and me so stay tuned :D 
  • Imagine a world with no music (scary I know!) If this was never an option what career path do you think you would of taken? 
MC: I think I'd be a dealer selling music in dark ally's....hahaha
  • And lastly, what piece of advice would you give to someone who wanted to start a career in music?
MC: First of all know your talent and your limits. If you know your weakest point you can work around it or make it your strongest. Be honest with yourself and most of all believe in yourself and you will make it.

Editors note: A massive thanks to Mitch for taking time to answer these questions, I know you have been busy with a video shoot so I wish you all the best with that & all future projects. And Happy Birthday wishes for the 28th...I share the same birthday as you ( all the best people were obviously born on that day ;) 


Love this cool track 'Crazy'....


 



  ☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆


 

No comments:

Post a Comment