Tuesday 7 June 2011

Exclusive interview with R3hab

Fadil El Ghoul, born 2nd April 1986, is a Tech House/Minimal DJ/Producer from Breda, NL & is better known to the music world as Deejay R3hab.
Working closely along side fellow Dutch Deejays : Addy van der Zwan, Afrojack & Ferruccio Salvo & studio partner Hardwell, R3hab has built up quite a reputation for himself with superb remixes, & his own productions such as the massive dance hit Mrkrstft, & most recently The Bottle song, released on Spinnin' Records in April.
R3hab also recently remixed Lady Gaga's massive hit Judas (R3HAB Remix) which I think is AMAZING!! 

  • I would like to start off by saying thank you very much R3hab, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this interview & giving us an insight into your life as a deejay. Do you remember what age you were when you made your first connection with music, & did you realise then that this would be your focus for the years to come? 
R3: I always had a great connection with music but around the age of 16 I really wanted to be a DJ. After I finished my college degree I was fully focusing on producing & DJing & I think the last 2 years went well.
  • Where did the idea of your stage name come from? 
R3: The name came from brainstorming with friends, after a couple of years I changed the 'E' for a '3' because i thought it would look cooler.
  • The Netherlands is a breeding ground for amazing talents such as Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Fedde Le Grand etc. Why do you think this is & do you feel proud of these acheivements from your country?
R3: I think because the Dutch crowd demands a certain quality & the competition is very healthy, I am very proud about all the Dutch DJs like Tiësto, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Sander van Doorn etc.

  • Do you ever get nervous before going out to do a performance, & if so would that be to a larger audience or a more smaller, intimate one? 
R3: I got nervous at Dance Tour Breda when I played to 30.000 people ( see picture ) but I still get shy before audiences whether it is smaller or bigger.
  • Besides EDM, what kind of music do you enjoy listening to? And what artist(s) over the years have given you the most inspiration? 
R3: I like all sorts of music at the moment. I am listening to Wiz Khalifa's new album but I also like rock, dance, alternative...my inspiration comes from everywhere.
  • And lastly as a closing thought, could you give one piece of advice that would help someone who wanted to start a career in music?  
R3: Practice, practice, practice and PRACTICE!! Sometimes people would like the easy way, it takes a lot of hard work to get to a certain level.

Editors note : Thank you so much R3hab for this interview & your great words of wisdom. Good luck in all that you do & we cannot wait to hear more superb music from you =)

R3habs remix of Calvin Harris's 'Bounce'



https://www.facebook.com/pages/R3hab
http://soundcloud.com/r3hab
http://www.myspace.com/deejayrehab
https://twitter.com/djr3hab
http://www.youtube.com/r3habtube





☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment