Wednesday 25 May 2011

Fantazia : A Midsummer Nights Dream


Twenty years ago James Perkins created a dance organisation which hosted raves up & down the country, when Breakbeat hardcore was on the rise, giving life to a new breed of ravers after the Acid House scene had ceased to be popular.


Fantazia's popularity grew & grew with 10,000 + guests at each event. Its largest ever was held at Donington Park on 25 July 1992, attracting 28,000 ravers!
In 1993 these large scale raves were to change due to licensing laws, & the company concentrated more on the recording side, releasing the very successful series 'The House Collection' mixed by top DJs such as Boy George, Jeremy Healy & the legendary Paul Oakenfold.


Let's fast forward to 2011 & Fantazia is still going strong, celebrating two decades of partying & the iconic music that has been born over these years.
Ahead of its 20 year celebration at Kings Hall, Stoke on Saturday 4th June, I have a quick chat with one of the DJs that will be playing there : Tony Clarke, who will be in the 'Future Legends Lounge' from around 10.30pm.

So Tony is this your first time playing at Fantazia? Yeah this is my 1st time to play at a Fantazia event..really can't wait for it!
How does it feel knowing you will be mixing at the same event as old skool legends such as Mickey Finn, Stu Allan & international Deejay Brandon Block? Mickey,Stu and Brandon WHO??? hahahahaha...I'm absolutely thrilled knowin that I'm playin alongside some of the biggest dj's in dance music..I'm hopin to steal their limelight lol...I hope not to clash with any of the big guns as I've quite a few people wantin to come see me play..hopefully I will be recordin my set \0/
What is the atmosphere there like? Well if the atmosphere is goin to be like the last Fantazia event ( 23rd April ) then we really are in for a very very fantastic night :-) :-)
In your opinion, what makes Fantazia so special? What makes Fantazia special is...I've found the atmosphere at past events I've been to awesome..the quality of the djs that play...stunning decor...and well the music of course lol
Can you tell us which is your all time favourite classic, & will you be playing it on the night? I have to chuckle at this last question as I showed my son the question and he told me not to reveal my all time classic as my sets a bit of a secret and will end with said tune lol lol soz bowt that lol!

Thank you for that little insight Tony. We wish you all the best for the night.....I'm sure you will raise the roof!

Photobucket

 
☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment