Saturday 17 March 2012

Happy Birthday to Deejay News!



My little baby is one year old today!! I can't believe its been 12 months already! I've obviously been having too much fun doing this!! ;)
So where did I get my inspiration to do this? Well as you probably already know music runs through my veins! I have been a massive fan of EDM since the 90s, going to clubs ( mainly the mighty Cream ) and escaping the stresses of daily life, absorbing myself in the music....it's the best feeling in the world =)
I'd like to give a special thanks to Paul Oakenfold for giving me the best 2 years of my life in the Courtyard at Cream. His residency lasted from 1997 - 1999 and me and my friends danced the night away to his phenomenal set, which included tracks such as Freefall - Skydive, Bullet in the gunBlur - Song 2 and Wide open space ( getting goosebumps thinking about it! )
In the recent years I have been heavily influenced by Fedde Le Grand and credit him for most of my inspiration ( and even set up a page on Facebook in his dedication ) but I have to also give this s/o to another Dutch DJ who has given me much pleasure through his epic talent...and this was the moment I decided to run a blog to promote these amazing artists :-

Me meeting one of my DJ heroes Laidback Luke


I am fascinated by the lives these guys live. Dedicating their lives to their trade. Travelling across the globe. Playing to millions of people, in many different countries. So I thought why not try and get a little insight into these lives, not just for me but for all those budding DJs out there that wanted that life too. 


Photobucket



*Massive thanks to all my interviewees...it's been a challenge thinking of different questions for you all but such an honour & privilege to have you spare your busy time to do these for me, much love and respect xo
D Ramirez, Deniz Koyu, Fedde Le Grand, Funkerman, Johnny Deekay, Johnstar, Kim Fai, Mark Doyle, Micha Moor, Mitch Crown, Nicky Romero, Patric La Funk, R3hab and The House Moguls.




I would just like to take time to thank Ace Agency too. Since starting my blog I have supported them and their artists and back in October last year, thanks to Tony Dekker, I got to spend some personal time with a few of their artists at Cream Liverpool ( one of the best nights of my life! )
Check out my blog article from that amazing night : Livin the Cream


Finally I want to thank all of you, the readers. Without you all this is pointless. Thank you for all your continual support on my blog and my Facebook page.
One year in and over 12k views I vow to continue my quest to spread the magic of music to the world and hope it brings you even a quarter of the pleasure it's brought me =)


                                                         
                                                           ☆☆ レo√乇♥ Peace☮ & Harmony♬ ☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment